Saturday, June 11, 2011

Where is your focus?

Ok so tomorrow is Sunday,  we will go to church listen to a lesson in sunday school maybe even participate a little, go to worship service then we will listen to the pastors message.  We will spend approximately 2 hours in the morning.  Now my question is are you going to be completely and utterly focused on God, or are we going to be thinking how cute the baby is in the row in front of us (We will try to sit in the very back as not to distract you)  (Just kidding although my children are pretty adorable)  or thinking wow she or he really looks nice this morning, or maybe man I wish my hair would have done what I wanted it to do or I really should not have worn this outfit, or man I am sweating I wish I had extra deoderant, or maybe man I really wish I could lose weight.  Most of these things apply to myself so dont think I am talking about any one in particular because I am not, (mostly just me).  Then when we leave church and are on our way home or where ever you may be headed do we reflect on the message that we just heard or do we start to focus on our own pathetic little lives and problems.  In my case I forget all about church and begin to think and plan and maybe even dread the coming week.  So here is my challenge, again mostly to myself,  but if you are up for it and the above may apply to you, then you too.  Lets try to keep our focus where it belongs, not just on Sunday but ALL week.  Every time we begin to think of me, I, my, anything that pertains to self,  at that point let us out loud proclaim the word of the most high, God.  Let us inform satan that he has no power here because we are owned by the great king, ruler, and creator.  Tell satan to flee,  he wants us to stay destracted with self...like the song "I wanna talk about me".  Let us return our focus to the one it rightfully belongs to.  Let us ask the question..."Is this thought or action pleasing God".  God's speed with you and I will be praying for all who want to join me in this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment