Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do we miss God?

Being a mom is such a great feeling ALL the time but tonight I was certainly reminded how lucky I really am. Doing dishes with Caleb telling him how proud I was of him for helping out without being asked, Anna comes up to me she is my 10 yr old, giving me a hug she says "I am going to miss you mom." I asked why where are you going and her reply was "I am going to bed mom and I wont be able to see you the rest of the night until tomorrow morning, boy I sure do love you!" Just melted my heart. Evening time around here is very peaceful and I have come to really enjoy the quietness of the night and being able to reflect on Gods word. But tonight I began to reflect on the words of my 10 yr old daughter. When I am through with my devotions and prayer time tonight will I miss God my heavenly father because I am going to bed and will not be in His word until tomorrow? Will I miss talking to Him do I feel the need to just spend "just a few more minutes" with Him because I just want to spend every moment with Him? Sadly enough I will finish my devotions say a quick prayer asking God to bless me and my family and to heal any sick and to forgive me for any sins I have commited , but then will quickly curl up in bed with out another thought to it. How often do we thank Him without asking or do we only pray when we want or need something. Just a thought. I want to be so in love with God that I cant stand to be apart from Him I want to go to bed missing Him. God thank you for this day and thank you for your protection, love and mercy on us thank you for always supplying every need I have and giving me strenght when I need it. I love you Lord. AMEN

2 comments:

  1. I like this...thanks for posting the blog...I just love your family...if you ever need a babysitter, just call me! :) Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. beth this is so true! i hadnt read further in your blog the other day and just saw this right now. i love the picture of your kids!

    ReplyDelete