Monday, June 27, 2011

Children are a treasure


Children have got to be one of lifes greatest joys.  I as a mother love and live and breath for my children.  I cannot get enough of them.  I wake up in the morning with a purpose, to nurture, care, mold and lead 8 young lives.  That is 16 eyes and ears watching and listening to my every move and word.  That in itself keeps me from saying and doing a lot of things, and that certainly does not mean that I am perfect.  I am far far far from that.  But knowing this keeps me accountable for my words and actions, when I do mess up which is often I have to be sure that my children see me make amends biblically.  When I do not do this in front of them I pray God will give them the knowledge to know right from wrong.  I am responsible to raise them and teach them the best I can and then the rest is up to God.  I have to trust that God is the best protector and teacher for them and all I can do is be an example and gently lead them in the right path.  I pray with every part of my humanity that I can be the best example and that I do not lead my children astray from God.  May all my actions and words follow the Bibles teaching and may God shine Himself through me.  Children are the greatest treasure in the world.  God help me to be the mother and teacher you desire me to be, let me put aside all earthly wisdom and follow your teaching.  Thank you for the blessings you have given to me and for the health and life you have given to our family.  I love you Lord.  Amen

1 comment: